Forums / Maintenance / Report Problems

27,848 total conversations in 1,742 threads

+ New Thread

this new site design is not practical

Last posted Sep 10, 2024 at 06:17PM EDT. Added May 09, 2024 at 10:32PM EDT
46 posts from 21 users

I just started seeing the new site layout, and geez Louise, I finally understand why people were complaining.

Comment voting doesn't work for me; I have to enter a gallery in order to upload images whereas before I could just upload from the main article; pages sometimes take a minute to load for seemingly no reason, whereas before they loaded quickly; the ability to search images by most or least upvoted is gone; when previewing an image, the number of comments and like/dislike ratio is also gone; plus the fact it looks like Facebook to me now just bugs me on a fundamental level.

This isn't even a case of me disliking change, this new layout just sucks.

Mods/Staff, is there a way to go back to the old layout, kinda like Reddit has the old. prefix to go back to OG Reddit?

the team manages the site which you do something to repair the site it's been 12 days since the site was buggy and fix the problems which are How to vote does not work, the pages sometimes take a minute to load for no apparent reason, I like/dislike" does not work under comments, and the pages do not load at all and the profile page comments on them does not work

site bug, it came back but why did they do that?

who did this it's so stupid it's ugly and buggy

the site was buggy and fix the problems which are How to vote does not work, the pages sometimes take a minute to load for no apparent reason, I like/dislike" does not work under comments, and the pages do not load at all and the profile page comments on them does not work

I'm still on the old layout but if the awful new layout becomes a permanent change I'll probably delete my account and never come back because it is unbearable. Whoever is designing it clearly doesn't have the slightest clue of what they're doing.

months ago site works perfectly someone screwed up and the site works badly who does that I want to know, the web designer or someone who has the site as stupid as the moon. who! who! who! does that!!!!!!! the responsibility no one who screwed up

Congratulations on utterly destroying usability on your website. I actually can't use it. Clicking on images won't let me close them, there's random blank spaces all over the pages which I'm reasonably certain aren't caused by my ad blocker (no I will not disable it, fuck off), and overall KYM is functionally dead.

I really gotta find some new sites to trawl. All I've got left now is Youtube and it's no better.

Look, can you just make up your mind at this point? Because I've got the stupid, awful, new layout back. Either keep it up and deal with the user base leaving because of the terrible "upgrade" you forced onto everyone, or stick with the old system and just focus on maintaining/improving the back end.

Don't keep yanking my chain going back and forth.

Admiral Loadsamoney wrote:

Pathetic nonfunctional dogshit. No other way to describe this new layout. Definitely deleting my account if it's not changed back to the actual fucking functional layout.

As noted in the other thread, you can do it manually. However… yeah, even having the new UI as an option isn't great tbh.

For people complaining the new UI is back/ celebrating the new UI is gone: it seems to randomly choose for you to have it/not have it. Multiple people across multiple months have had the site assign people with it and then take them off. At least a few have had it come back a second time. This isn't someone on the site deciding now the UI should be implemented again or not from what I can tell. It's just random.

Jill wrote:

As noted in the other thread, you can do it manually. However… yeah, even having the new UI as an option isn't great tbh.

For people complaining the new UI is back/ celebrating the new UI is gone: it seems to randomly choose for you to have it/not have it. Multiple people across multiple months have had the site assign people with it and then take them off. At least a few have had it come back a second time. This isn't someone on the site deciding now the UI should be implemented again or not from what I can tell. It's just random.

It's good that they kept the old version in but I wouldn't be surprised if at some point they removed it outright and forced everyone onto the new version with no way to revert. The second they do that I'm gone.

Jill wrote:

Thank you so much for that. The new layout hit me out of nowhere and…. My God, it's literally just not user friendly AT ALL.

Like, if you hover your mouse over an image, it doesn't show the image's title. Clicking away from an image is MUCH more of a pain. With the old layout, you click to the side and poof, the image is gone. Now, you have to hit an X on the top right of the screen. And on bigger screens…. Yeah, that's a pain.

Plus, it's just ugly as sin. They better not make it a permanent change. Or else this site will likely lose a lot of users….

I mean, you know a change is bad when I start using the forums to voice my opinions on it. =V

Last edited Jul 31, 2024 at 08:02PM EDT

One of the worst things is the fact that comment pages on entries and images aren't possible to access. Going to https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/events/2022-russian-invasion-of-ukraine/comments/page/100 on the new UI leads to a blank page, so the only way to explore an entry with a massive amount of comments is to click Show More Comments for hours. It's so hard to access that it may as well be gone.
Luckily it works after pressing the old site button. But at this rate I'm worried the site isn't going to last.

Last edited Aug 02, 2024 at 12:22AM EDT

Oh, now image galleries have a bug in old site mode. Clicking on any image past the first 20 brings it up in a new tab, instead of in the same-tab preview window. The site is now objectively worse than it was before the update. lol

Nitpicker wrote:

Oh, now image galleries have a bug in old site mode. Clicking on any image past the first 20 brings it up in a new tab, instead of in the same-tab preview window. The site is now objectively worse than it was before the update. lol

Im still getting that.

Lord DIO wrote:

Im still getting that.

Yesterday it was working correctly once every couple times an image gallery was loaded, so I assumed it was fixed as soon as I saw it working. But now I'm not getting the fixed version at all.

Last edited Aug 03, 2024 at 05:23AM EDT

I'm still in the old layout but every single new image refuses to load. I can't imagine the new site being any worse than this, but judging by what I've heard these past few months, I can't see it being much better either.

Really starting to feel like the entire site is falling apart. Nice going.

Lord DIO wrote:

Im still getting that.

I second this. I'm getting this bug too…. They just need to scrap the new layout completely, since it seems to be completely bugging out the site, even in old layout mode.

I've been getting a fascinating new glitch in every gallery on the old site for a few days now:

and it gets worse, too, because after I scroll even the tiniest bit it does this:

After that the infinite scroll works basically as it should, but somehow the first part consistently gets messed up.

Last edited Aug 03, 2024 at 07:36PM EDT

Here we go again and again….

I do not understand why sometimes the "new" design comes up….
It is not practical or useful. The new design is:

- NOT convenient
- NOT easy to use
- Causes issues left and right
- Doesn't work (see below)

And worst of all, keeps coming up whenever it feels like, DESPITE the fact that users have told staff of the fact that it SIMPLY DOESN'T WORK.

A lot of websites like to change their look, like brick and mortar stores… shuffle and re-arrange shit for no reason at all. Sometimes its passable, sometimes…. sometimes…. IT DOESN'T WORK. (Imagine walking into a department store or something with more common layout like HomeDepot to find out they switched places for every isle, and while you as a customer are trying to navigate this disaster, the employees tell you the lights and cashiers arent working because of the changes…)

Let me be straight: I have nothing against the developer(s), but if the product (new design) doesn't work, it needs to be fixed and fully tested before being deployed (also see: CrowdStrike)

To get back to the old site, as others and I mentioned do this, now with visuals:

Larger version

Larger version

Larger version

Larger version

_Data_Drain_ wrote:

Plus, it doesn't help that, it seems the new layout is even messing with the old one. Due to all the glitches that weren't here before they shoveled this shit onto our doorstep.

Yeah the image gallery and a few other glitches here and there.

Ironic that we got an entry called Devs listened

From the entry (edits mine) :

The phrase "devs listened" refers to v̶i̶d̶e̶o̶ g̶a̶m̶e̶ website developers listening to feedback from p̶l̶a̶y̶e̶r̶s̶ users and making positive changes to the game based on this feedback, rather than ignoring complaints.

Okay, I finally found where that "old site" button was hiding.

to find the old design site go to the site settings and click on a button that's all it is at the very bottom of the site settings

oh boy this sucks for people who want to have a site that works is not a joke for the very bottom of the site settings find the old design site a button that you have to click site that works. oh boy this sucks, what and why?

malerfique wrote:

Okay, I finally found where that "old site" button was hiding.

to find the old design site go to the site settings and click on a button that's all it is at the very bottom of the site settings

oh boy this sucks for people who want to have a site that works is not a joke for the very bottom of the site settings find the old design site a button that you have to click site that works. oh boy this sucks, what and why?

Indeed… not to mention all the glitches it came with, that somehow effect the old layout too. Like images taking you to a new page passed a certain point in trending. One which they still haven't even addressed at all.

Well, let me say this. If they outright prevent you from using the old layout. People will leave in droves.

Nitpicker wrote:

Still dealing with this now. Is there at least a user-side workaround for this, or are we stuck with the image preview bug again until the UI team figures out the problem?

Industrial Pelican wrote:

Still dealing with this now. Is there at least a user-side workaround for this, or are we stuck with the image preview bug again until the UI team figures out the problem?

I don't think that it's a bug at this point.

Keeps automatically switching to the new layout, kym must be entering the 'We'll force everybody into using the new layout before deleting the old one' phase.

the new site is horrible, very buggy, why do they want to inflict this on us their vision of the new site is ugly full of bugs and poorly designed while the old site was better done I say no the new site is horrible, poorly designed which lags like a site from 2000 it is not a compliment at all it is just frighteningly yuck. I stay on the old site it does not lag and we see the comments and the images and the likes

The new site is horrible and buggy because of 2024 anime piracy sites shutdown because of woke which brought us Noa Argamani post-rescue rave and the Oasis reunion tour, which somehow managed to make Deadlock the best character in fiction despite it being a video game.

Larger version

Something strange I just noticed is that when I go to this image, the stuff featured on the Trending tab reverted back to what was shown earlier today. As of typing this it isn't happening anymore, but I ended up screencapping it so uh…

It isn't necessarily good proof but it's something.
ps. it's (probably) worth mentioning that I wasn't signed in when I took these screencaps

Last edited Sep 08, 2024 at 07:46PM EDT

Hello! You must login or signup first!