Forums / Discussion / General

234,662 total conversations in 7,810 threads

+ New Thread

Sticky Sticky
Image Filtering Userscript

Last posted Sep 18, 2024 at 05:52AM EDT. Added Feb 19, 2019 at 10:21PM EST
62 posts from 30 users

A while ago, I modified this very script so it adds a coloured outline and a tag to indicate what the unveiled image used to be. More recently, I updated to works on all feeds, including user activity page.

I didn't make a fork before, and I just downloaded the script and modified it, and uploaded it to the a channel on KYM Discord.

I'll make a fork, push the changes, then post a GitHub link, then submit a pull request here soon.

Last edited Oct 06, 2023 at 04:05AM EDT

NeatCrown wrote:

A while ago, I modified this very script so it adds a coloured outline and a tag to indicate what the unveiled image used to be. More recently, I updated to works on all feeds, including user activity page.

I didn't make a fork before, and I just downloaded the script and modified it, and uploaded it to the a channel on KYM Discord.

I'll make a fork, push the changes, then post a GitHub link, then submit a pull request here soon.

That's great, thank you!

Autumn Able wrote:

Needs to be updated soon as it's breaking the image galleries when used.

It was updated a week ago, can you check for updates or manually reinstall?
Latest 1.4 should fix that.

e wrote:

It was updated a week ago, can you check for updates or manually reinstall?
Latest 1.4 should fix that.

Manual reinstall did the trick. Thanks! Doesn't even show that weird ad section that messes up the layout either, except in the "Trending" bar that shows up below viewing individual images at least.

Last edited Aug 11, 2024 at 08:36AM EDT

Another odd quirk I've come across. If an image is too small for the entry name/uploader name to appear it won't get filtered. I'm guessing it's because that's how the filtering code works.

Autumn Able wrote:

Another odd quirk I've come across. If an image is too small for the entry name/uploader name to appear it won't get filtered. I'm guessing it's because that's how the filtering code works.

Yeah that's a known limitation, if the username doesn't show up it can't get filtered.
Filtering those images by entry should still work tho, at least in trending/all galleries.

Reddit Moments is auto-filtered if you're logged in, right?
Same thing should be done with Jaimie Hamilton, I just saw it post the same image twice in the span of like 15 minutes, and it clogs up the new images tab, drowning out actual posts.

DLD493v2 wrote:

Reddit Moments is auto-filtered if you're logged in, right?
Same thing should be done with Jaimie Hamilton, I just saw it post the same image twice in the span of like 15 minutes, and it clogs up the new images tab, drowning out actual posts.

the reddit bot is filtered by a website toggle independent of this script.

'lo! You must login or signup first!